Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Planning for the weekend

Have the possibilty to take a day off this friday. So I will be heading off for som nice walking. There are a morning train directly to the area where I have intentions to spend the weekend. A small village named Hällekis close to the big lake Vänern. From there its a 45 km trail in round trip. Probably I will extend the trip to visist some historical spots south of the trail. Want to see the 11:th century church, not far away. maybe looking for more historical buildings in the area.
My equipment will be almost the same as used on my trip at Skåneleden in June. Will use the Evernew stove in woodburning mode as much as possible. Will bring som alcohol for morning coffe etc.Maybe using walking sticks as tent pole for my Lunar Solo. In Skåne I used the carbon fiber tent pole.
Need to use my Iphone during the trip, so I have to bring some backup power. Possible I borrow my friends solar charger with battery. Report will follow.

2 comments:

  1. Hej, Roger! Your plans sound good. After your walk can you post some comments on how your Evernew worked this time; I'm looking for a stove that can handle both wood and alcohol and Evernew is one option. I'd like to collect as much information as I can on these stoves before I make a choice. Ha ett trevligt veckoslut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing about your trip Roger! Be interesting to hear your views on the Evernew stove, I passed mine on to someone else.

    ReplyDelete